About the job
You will have an exciting opportunity to experience the entire software development process, learning and employing Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban along with various other agile-focused technologies and processes such as automated deployments, continuous integration and pairing.
- Develop high-quality, custom web applications using PHP frameworks like Laravel
- Deploy your code to production and staging servers using automated deployment tools
- Perform unit and system level testing using various testing frameworks
- Collaborate with the front-end team to ensure that the application meets the standards
- Perform debugging and troubleshooting activities
- Monitor applications once they reach the Production stage
- Collaborate with team members by performing peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Contribute to the team’s productivity by sharing your knowledge and experiences
- Contribute ideas to improve the product
- Design and work with RESTful API’s
You love to take on challenging work and solve complex problems. You take pride in your work and have a keen sense of attention to detail. You love to experiment with new tools and technologies. You feel ownership for, and accountability towards, the work that you do. You take deadlines very seriously and are always eager to help others to solve their problems.
- At least 3 years of experience as Software Developer/ Engineer
- Strong command over Object oriented programming concepts
- Proficient in Php frameworks such as Laravel
- Familiarity with writing unit tests and different unit testing frameworks
- Working knowledge of git and its branching models
- Working knowledge of linux system
- Have knowledge of coding standards such as PSR
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
Nice to have
- Experienced in software architecture design
- Have experience with PostgreSQL and noSql databases
- Have used various programming languages and paradigms
- Have some experience in/passionate about the development sector
We take your career seriously. We are looking for people who want to join a group of dedicated, curious and hard-working professionals. Once hired, your career development becomes one of our top priorities. Together, we will create a tailored development plan, have regular one-to-one sessions to discuss progress or issues and push you to grow while asking that you help others to do the same. We will provide you with learning opportunities, leadership experience and the chance to grow your skillset in a truly international organisation.
As we’ve mentioned, we take your career pretty seriously. After our clients, you’re our Number 1 priority. We want to ensure that you excel, and we look for people who are just as ambitious and dedicated as we are. At YoungInnovations, you’ll be a part of our active learning community where in-house experts (your colleagues!) run weekly Skill Learning workshops and Knowledge Sharing sessions to help you hone your skills. You’ll take courses in areas that interest you - from data visualisation to Docker - and lead others in your area of expertise.
At YoungInnovations, we work hard and play hard for 5 days a week. As career professionals, we take our jobs seriously and use lots of brain power from Monday to Friday. That’s normal for us, and we love it. But we also love a full 2-day weekend. We believe that 5 days of hard work should be rewarded with 2 full days of relaxation and a healthy work-life balance. Come back on Monday refreshed and ready to go again - full steam ahead! - this week!
We believe that when you work hard, the little things should be taken care of for you. We’ll provide a delicious lunch for you every day, cool refreshing drinks in the hot summer afternoons and tea to warm you in the winter. We provide paid sick leave up to the national maximum, a vibrant workspace, frequent Friday rooftop socials along with annual retreats, parties and celebrations! Throw in our weekly futsal, badminton and tennis leagues together with our daily table tennis matches and you have workplace heaven!
Feel like this position been tailor-made for you? Are you the perfect fit? Tell us why you think so. Send your CV, a snappy cover letter which highlights your expertise, skills and experience, and any relevant links/attachments to your work to our Careers team at email@example.com