Software QA lead
About the job
You will work closely with the Head of Product, the Chief Innovations Officer and the Director or Operations to create and implement processes which identify, analyze and document defects, functions, errors, and more in software. You will be an advocate for consistent and high quality standards across all of the company’s products, crafting best practices for coding and documenting code. We expect you to be heavily involved in the long term design and architectural decisions of both our QA process and product builds.
- Lead the end to end ownership of the QA process, including the high level vision for a continually improving QA framework
- Develop QA standards and procedures by determining minimum requirements for production release, collecting data for test cases and establishing escalation guidelines for development teams
- Manage testing and release schedule by planning test cycles, tracking test results and informing development and testing teams of testing duties
- Use tracked test results to identify errors and iteratively improve on the QA process to preemptively eliminate future errors in coding practices
- Establish team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a create a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement
- Establish a consistent release management framework and deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, across our multiple product teams
- Analyse incoming features/work and work with software engineers and QA champions to create applicable test cases and define acceptance criteria
- Communicate proactively and preemptively with your key stakeholders, from senior management to the software engineers adopting your QA practices
- Be responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing engineers
Work on exciting and challenging projects
You have a strong passion for quality in software and have relevant process experience such as release management, etc. You must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have previous experience managing automation and manual testing teams. You will work with the senior team to recruit and build a strong QA unit, setting up processes and tools, focusing on creating testing strategy, defining and implementing the methodology and managing a team of Software QA analysts.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business technology or other related field
- At least 4 years of Software Quality Assurance experience
- At least 1 year of management experience
- Solid programming skills
- Proven high levels of attention to detail and passionate about quality, with a proven ability to take the point of view of the user
- Demonstrated experience in QA methodologies: test processes, test planning, test development, test automation, and test metrics
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies: test driven development, automated deployments, continuous integrations
- Experience working in agile environment and scrum/kanban teams
- Ability to lead testing efforts for multiple software development projects
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and prioritize deliverables
- A strong self-manager, very well-organized, with excellent time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills, with a focus on clear and proactive communication
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
Nice to have
- An active learner; you know what you are good at, and where you need help
- Coaching or mentoring skills
- Experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results
- Tact and diplomacy - useful in maintaining a cooperative relationship with software engineers
- An ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people.
- A “test to break” attitude
We take your career seriously. We are looking for people who want to join a group of dedicated, curious and hard-working professionals. Once hired, your career development becomes one of our top priorities. Together, we will create a tailored development plan, have regular one-to-one sessions to discuss progress or issues and push you to grow while asking that you help others to do the same. We will provide you with learning opportunities, leadership experience and the chance to grow your skillset in a truly international organisation.
As we’ve mentioned, we take your career pretty seriously. After our clients, you’re our Number 1 priority. We want to ensure that you excel, and we look for people who are just as ambitious and dedicated as we are. At YoungInnovations, you’ll be a part of our active learning community where in-house experts (your colleagues!) run weekly Skill Learning workshops and Knowledge Sharing sessions to help you hone your skills. You’ll take courses in areas that interest you - from data visualisation to Docker - and lead others in your area of expertise.
At YoungInnovations, we work hard and play hard for 5 days a week. As career professionals, we take our jobs seriously and use lots of brain power from Monday to Friday. That’s normal for us, and we love it. But we also love a full 2-day weekend. We believe that 5 days of hard work should be rewarded with 2 full days of relaxation and a healthy work-life balance. Come back on Monday refreshed and ready to go again - full steam ahead! - this week!
We believe that when you work hard, the little things should be taken care of for you. We’ll provide a delicious lunch for you every day, cool refreshing drinks in the hot summer afternoons and tea to warm you in the winter. We provide paid sick leave up to the national maximum, a vibrant workspace, frequent Friday rooftop socials along with annual retreats, parties and celebrations! Throw in our weekly futsal, badminton and tennis leagues together with our daily table tennis matches and you have workplace heaven!
Feel like this position been tailor-made for you? Are you the perfect fit? Tell us why you think so. Send your CV, a snappy cover letter which highlights your expertise, skills and experience, and any relevant links/attachments to your work to our Careers team at email@example.com