Senior Software Engineer Node
About the job
You will work closely with your Department Lead and other Senior Software Engineers to ensure that code is of high quality, that our QA processes are followed down to the letter, that the product backlog gets organised, updated and completed during every Sprint. It’s also down to you to communicate effectively and professionally with the client, to own the product development and to ensure that your team is sufficiently resourced in order to deliver great quality products on time.
- Lead and develop the best technical design and approach for new products or technologies.
- Lead project team in delivering the quality product
- Coach and mentor project team in processes and methodologies
- Write quality code with utmost attention to scalability and performance
- Enforce coding standards in the project team through formal code reviews
- Identify project risks and clearly communicate risks and expectations to your team members and your management
- Communicate proactively with clients regarding projects’ status and progress
- Stay aware of industry trends and use these to make informed technology choices and strategic decisions
You are a team player who loves tech products the way you’d love your own kids, with a mean eye for detail and a passion for finding new ways to improve any product! You are a knock-out expert in your field, you love to learn and you see huge value in sharing that learning and expertise with your team in order to help them improve. You eat and breathe technology and are able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt readily to change.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Sr. Developer/ Software Engineer and leading project teams
- Strong command over Object oriented programming concepts
- Proficient in Nodejs and Express Framework
- Experienced in writing unit tests
- Working knowledge of git and its branching models
- Working knowledge of linux system and server administration
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Proven experience in software architecture design
- Experience working in agile environment and scrum/kanban teams
- Experienced in code reviews
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and prioritize deliverables
- A strong self-manager, very well-organized, with excellent time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills, with a focus on clear and proactive communication
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
Nice to have
- Experience with HTML5/CSS3, ReactJS, NoSQL databases, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ
- Understanding of QA process
- Have used various programming languages and paradigms
- Have some experience in/passionate about the development sector
We take your career seriously. We are looking for people who want to join a group of dedicated, curious and hard-working professionals. Once hired, your career development becomes one of our top priorities. Together, we will create a tailored development plan, have regular one-to-one sessions to discuss progress or issues and push you to grow while asking that you help others to do the same. We will provide you with learning opportunities, leadership experience and the chance to grow your skillset in a truly international organisation.
As we’ve mentioned, we take your career pretty seriously. After our clients, you’re our Number 1 priority. We want to ensure that you excel, and we look for people who are just as ambitious and dedicated as we are. At YoungInnovations, you’ll be a part of our active learning community where in-house experts (your colleagues!) run weekly Skill Learning workshops and Knowledge Sharing sessions to help you hone your skills. You’ll take courses in areas that interest you - from data visualisation to Docker - and lead others in your area of expertise.
At YoungInnovations, we work hard and play hard for 5 days a week. As career professionals, we take our jobs seriously and use lots of brain power from Monday to Friday. That’s normal for us, and we love it. But we also love a full 2-day weekend. We believe that 5 days of hard work should be rewarded with 2 full days of relaxation and a healthy work-life balance. Come back on Monday refreshed and ready to go again - full steam ahead! - this week!
We believe that when you work hard, the little things should be taken care of for you. We’ll provide a delicious lunch for you every day, cool refreshing drinks in the hot summer afternoons and tea to warm you in the winter. We provide paid sick leave up to the national maximum, a vibrant workspace, frequent Friday rooftop socials along with annual retreats, parties and celebrations! Throw in our weekly futsal, badminton and tennis leagues together with our daily table tennis matches and you have workplace heaven!
Feel like this position been tailor-made for you? Are you the perfect fit? Tell us why you think so. Send your CV, a snappy cover letter which highlights your expertise, skills and experience, and any relevant links/attachments to your work to our Careers team at email@example.com